The Emergency First Response Care for Children Course, is ideal for parents and grandparents. This innovative CPR, AED and First Aid training course, teaches you how to provide emergency care for injured or ill children from ages 1 to 8, as well as infants. In this course, you’ll gain confidence to render assistance by following the same priorities of care used by medical professionals.
The course content is based on guidelines from the Paediatric Working Group of ILCOR. It includes both primary and secondary care skills.
The primary care portion prepares you to render aid to an infant or child, with a life threatening emergency, such as choking.
Secondary care focuses on developing your skills, and building your confidence, to render first aid to an infant or child, when emergency medical services are either delayed, or unavailable.
The Course includes:
- Providing emergency care for injured or ill children aged 1 to 8
- Providing emergency care for injured or ill infants
- The types of medical emergencies that children face
- How children’s medical emergencies differ from adult conditions
- The emotional aspect of caring for children
- Secondary care for children
- How to prevent children’s common injuries and illnesses